Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mrs D thinks German toilets are disgusting

This can be quite a shock for a first time visitor. Instead of a toilet bowl like in the US, a lot of German toilets have a shallow pool of water with the exit in the front. This creates a display shelf for you to examine what you have produced. Flushing pushes it forward and down the exit.
I kept threatening Mr & Mrs D with taking a picture of the real thing but in the end I spent a Euro and bought a Snickers bar to show you what I'm describing. As I've said before, Germans love their scat. Or is it that Americans have too many hang ups about it? And no, I didn't rinse it off and give it to Mr D. It ended up in the garbage.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visual, Blaine just had to go rent caddyshack now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember what my German teacher forced us boys to say if we came late in the classroom:
    "Ich bin ein kleiner Scheisser".

    These S-words and also very popular in Germany (like F-words in USA) - maybe the origin lies in these fine toilet equipment.

    ReplyDelete